Wednesday 28 October 2009

PROJECTS: More mouths...

Here are the other faces I used, along with my own mouth to try to form the generic shapes for each of the 18 symbols.
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
As my idea could potentially work, it in a bias account if I use my own mouth shapes for the work, as I am quite an expressive speaker. I decided to photograph an average of 4 people so that the shapes would be more generic and an accurate reading.

I got the testers to say the 18 facial appearances of the visible sounds. The test proved to me that as individuals we have very different facial features. Some people speak differently due to their accents, how much they move their lips and expression.

The tests did prove to be an overall account and I'm happy with the results. I have know taken them and traced each mouth shape so that I can form a generic shape. This then will enable me to take them onto the computer to arrange colour and layout to distinguish the different shapes.


The colours look really cool, John Walsh recommend a book to me called,
Type and typography. I have requested it out of the library but some one has got it.
Ive looked it up on Amazon and its like £50 so hurry up who evers got it!!

I cannot wait to take them onto the computer and who knows maybe other media like screen printing or I stop motion could work.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...